Introducing Video Calling the first of its kind service in Zimbabwe
In order to use this service you must...
- Have a handset that has the video calling feature and a secondary camera. The called Telecel subscriber must have a handset with the video calling feature and a secondary camera as well
- Handset must allow for a 3G connection
- Video calls can only be made from Telecel to Telecel
- 3G connection must be available to enable routing of video call
- Service does not consume data
- Charge is US$0.30/minute billed at 15 Second billing pulse for US$0.0075
- If video call fails, subscriber is given the option to make a voice call
- Video calling is a feature that is available on most phones with Android or Symbian OS.
- Video calling is a service that allows a subscribers to see a visual of the person they are talking to
- Video calling is available to all Telecel go subscribers.
- Subscribers must have a video calling enabled smartphone.
- Subscribers must be in a 3G network coverage area to access the service.
- A subscriber will know if they are in a 3G network coverage area by a 3G signal on their phone.
- The service is available for Telecel to Telecel calls only.
- Video calls cost 30 cents per minute and the rate is subject to reviews as approved by the regulator